In the 3 years I’ve been writing this blog I’ve written more than 700 posts. Some of my favourites have dealt with religion and in particular Christianity. Among them:
- A post (adapted from my testimony at my baptism) on how Richard Dawkins helped me discover Christianity.
- My call for the Anglican Church to schism.
- Why Thomas is my favourite Disciple
- Taking issue with conservative churches for talking about sex too much and liberal ones for the opposite
- Getting exasperated with Christopher Hitchens’ views on the subject of eating pork
- And most of all the multi-part discussion between a number of my friends (Christians and atheists) about the reasons to believe or disbelieve.
But of late I’ve written about it a lot less. That’s partly been because there’s been a lot of politics to discuss lately and that’s a subject I find it easier to write about, so I get drawn to that. But mostly it’s been because I’ve been struggling for inspiration.
I regret that. While I’m very far from being any kind of theology expert, faith is a topic I like writing about. There’s a much greater plurality of views amongst my readers on religion and philosophy than there is on politics and (surprisingly) of the two it seems to be the one where it’s easier to have frank but friendly discussions between people of different views.
So I’d like to go back to writing about it but for that I need topics. So for the first time I’m throwing this blog open to requests.
Are you a non-Christian who’d like a Christian perspective on something? Are a conservative Christian looking for a liberal Christian perspective? Are you a liberal Christian looking to have your prejudices reinforced? Are you interested in agnosticism? If so let me know and I will see what I can do.
I’m also very open to hosting guest posts if there is something you want to write and want a place to host it.
Photo credit: By Ricardo André Frantz (User:Tetraktys) – taken by Ricardo André Frantz, CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2292943